Sinusitis Bacterial - Understanding What is Sinus DiseaseThere are times when you wake up with a cold. You feel tired all day. Your cough never seems to go away. Even laughing hurts at times because the whole face aches. If you have such symptoms, it is very important to understand what is sinus disease.
Trying to understand what is sinus disease, it is important to understand the symptoms associated with it. some of the most common sinus symptoms include headache, facial pain, swelling, jaw pain and toothache. A list of sinus symptoms also includes a greenish yellow nasal discharge which is pus filled at times. Some people may also run fever. Sinus may also cause temporary loss of vision, double or blurred vision.
- Understanding what is sinus disease, a person should also keep in mind that the beginning of sinusitis appears to be just another common cold.
- If the cold does not go away within a week, a person should consult a doctor immediately.
- Sinus especially sphenoid sinus can affect the brain and create dire situations.
Sinus Disease is the Inflammation of the Lining of the Sinus Cavities Present in the SkullSinus cavities which are normally air filled, become filled with mucous due to lack of proper drainage through the nasal passage. This inflammation could be due to viral or bacterial infection. Allergies could also cause this disease.
- Order to have a complete understanding of what is sinus disease, you should also know certain ways of curing it.
- It is advisable to go to a doctor if your condition does not improve in five to seven days.
- Normally a course of antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs or maybe anti-allergic medicines does the job of curing sinusitis.
- Some doctors may also prescribe nasal sprays or nasal irrigation.
- Surgery is the last step taken in attempting to cure sinusitis.
- Surgery is only done in a few extreme cases.
- Inhaling steam and taking a hot compress over the affected sinuses also gives relief at times.