Sinus Infection Treatment - Treatment for Chronic Sinus InfectionSinus infection is an inflammation of the sinuses. Sinuses are cavities that are present near the nose. They perform the function of evacuating mucus and dry air from the body. An inflammation of sinuses creates blockages in them and, thus, mucus and dry air get trapped in the sinuses. This gives rise to a severe pain and discomfort. This condition causes the condition called sinusitis. But what is chronic sinusitis? And what is the treatment of chronic sinus infection?
Sinusitis can be Branched Into Three Branches, NamelyAcute sinusitis, chronic sinusitis and recurring sinusitis. While acute sinusitis lasts for up to three weeks, chronic sinusitis lasts between three to eight weeks. Recurring sinus infection is the one that re-occurs at regular intervals over a period of time.
Other than these, the treatment for a chronic sinus infection also includes the use of decongestants to ease the congestion in the nasal membrane. inhalation of steam from a vaporizer and intake of warm fluids is also recommended. If allergy is the cause of the sinus infection, then treatment of that allergy is also necessary to cure the chronic sinusitis.
- The treatment for chronic sinus infection is dependent upon the symptoms and the sinus are affected.
- The treatment for chronic sinus infection might begin with antibiotics, for as long as around twelve weeks.
- A corticosteroid might also be prescribed to reduce the inflammation in the sinuses.
- As mentioned above, a chronic sinus infection lasts for a longer duration as compared to an acute one.
- Because of this, the daily routine of life is disrupted.
- The symptoms of chronic sinusitis are, more or less, the same as acute sinusitis.
- The only difference is that these last for a longer time.
- The symptoms include severe pain, pressure around eyes and nose, tiredness, difficulty in breathing and headache.
- These may be accompanied by fever and a pain in the jaws.
- Sometimes, there might also be a yellowish discharge from the nose.
- Learning about things is what we are living here for now.
- So try to get to know as much about everything, including Chronic Sinus Infection whenever possible.
- Chronic sinus infection lasts long enough to cause excruciating pain and physical discomfort and inhibit the daily routine.
- For this reason, consulting a doctor as soon as the symptoms are observed is necessary.
- The treatment for chronic sinus infection must be prescribed only after a detailed analysis of the symptoms, cause and nature of the infection.